Saturday 16 March 2013

"Afflicted by Inspiration" - Chapter 23: Time To Get To Work

Throughout the past three days, we've been treated to ~70 presentations from ~70 second-year Creative Communications students, something that I will become in a few months.

Watching the passionate presentations of some of these literal geniuses was inspiring. Hearing them speak about their Independent Professional Projects (IPPs) was completely infectious. I can't wait to start working on my IPP, and in my major.

The overarching lesson I learned from this weird, rare experience of new-found motivation (despite the fact that I'm exhausted, overworked, and fighting off the first cold I've had in half a decade) is that I'm at my best when I surround myself with art and art's creators. I think that can be said of anyone.

When we surround ourselves with others who are motivated, creative, and have a true passion for what they do, how can we not follow suit? It's impossible not to be afflicted by inspiration.

The flipside of this new realization is... to avoid the black holes at all costs.

Black holes that consume positive energy and vibes. Black holes that absorb creativity and artistic desire. Black holes that inhale inspiration and motivation.

I don't have enough time left in my creative prime to waste on another year on artistic auto-pilot.

Not anymore. Time to get to work.


                                                                                                              -NxB
Listening to: Simple Man - Shinedown








No comments:

Post a Comment